Games and Cartoons we grew up with!!!.. Also what are you playing these days! :D

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2642 by ralph3187
Ola dear sussies :) ,

Thought of starting this forum to bring back our childhood memories with all those 8 bit Nintando, 16 bit Sega Mega Drive, Nintando 64, Playstation 1, 2, 3 and 4, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One game we played or currently playing. And yeah also cartoons :lol: . Tricia gave an excellent idea of integrating Youtube links with the forum. Please go ahead and share and let us reminiscence our childhood days together. :)

Honestly, most of us not gonna go through videos but I believe a glimpse is enough to trigger your memories :D
To start with..
Here goes mine ...

Ofcourse not to forget ...

I just love the part when he opens the door to look for Jerry at the bottom and gets horrified to see a bigger mouse :lol:

and for game ...

The following user(s) said Thank You: badblueboy, tiredlookinhiseyes, Tricia, BraVo, Hellblazer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2643 by ralph3187
Also here is one I used to watch alot :silly: ..

This too ( Oh no! Dont u dare laugh!! :D) ..

The following user(s) said Thank You: badblueboy, tiredlookinhiseyes, Tricia, Bullet_Dance

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2653 by Hellblazer
Good topic ;) ,
Let's see... when I was just an innocent little boy I used to play Mario Bros in a Nintendo. Then I got my first computer, and I remember it came with two games already: Quake and Warcraft II. Then I bought more games: Star Wars, Claw, and Age of Empires II :) .
About cartoons... ok yes, I admit it, I watched Sailor Moon too :silly: ! But it's because I was (and I am) a fan of anime. So I also watched Dragon Ball Z, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ranma 1/2, Knights of the Zodiac (Saint Seiya) and others.

I didn't even understand much about Neon Genesis Evangelion (it talks a lot about "adult stuff" and philosophy), but in 2008 (when I was 16) I watched it again and I finally understood everything... and I got a big obsession about that anime :P .
Of course I used to watch other cartoons... uhm, come on memory... so many! Even today I still watch some cartoons (but few, because most of the new ones are not as good as the old ones).
And videogames, these days I play: SWAT4 (of course), Rakion, Age of Empires II, Age of Mythology, Quake III, and Warcraft III. Also in Nintendo DS I play many games based in anime, cartoons, and movies.
Allright, see you ;) .
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredlookinhiseyes, Tricia, ralph3187

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2655 by MascalzoneLatino
Really nice topic dude,
So I growned up playing with Comodore 64, my best game was International Soccer or games like Pacman and Tetris:

After few years it came the Nintendo Consolle time, the best and legend game was Super Mario...
And on tv.... OMG I growned up with really nice Cartoons like "Tom and Jerry", "Lady Oscar", "The smurfs"; but the best one for me it was "Olly and Benji", I remember i was a small football player and like every kids I always dreamed to be like them and play in an important team!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredlookinhiseyes, Tricia, ralph3187

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2656 by ralph3187
Do you guys remember Sega Mega Drive>???

I used to love the level 4 sound track :silly:

The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredlookinhiseyes, Tricia

5 years 1 month ago #2658 by Tricia
i miss my old destop... i need my husband back to install ps1 emulator and amiga 500 emulator... here i havent it.. and i miss too much!!!
Well, speaking about cartoons, (sorry i put spanish shong because i like more than in english, and little more than in español-latino) (sorry helly :( )
my husband is fan of Dragon ball, and he made me hooked to this series long time ago, and we saw this series agaoin no long.. but i preffer 3 or 4 firsts season of this series, when Goku was tryining all time to stolen Bulma´s panties ;) :S

And about games.... from PS1... its dificult because i remember Gran turismo GT1 (the original) i remember lot off others. but one game i played a lot was Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

From PS2... i never , and when i said never, its never, i never stop play this game... i folow playing whit my old PS2 with a HDD plugged and my old memory car... and giving giving troubles to my husbunad because he want to be better than me... but he cant ;)... the game i never stop playing till now its.......

... i play in first person view.. not in 3th person ...

And from Amiga 500, i still have it.. and work for sure but i never back to plug since long ago.. but i use Emulator to play old games. but my preffered are: (please ear the music... realy cool music from long long ago, and was the music of the games ) BLOOD MONEY !!!.

My preffered: XENON 2!!!! hear music again ;

Norte y Sur, funny game for 2 players!!!! realy funny

and a dificult ugly game but hooked me from long long time, F18a interceptor...
URSS army with Bullet Dance ;) as Genneral came to freedom word to conquest with its MIG´S!!!! (joke that last )
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredlookinhiseyes, Hellblazer, ralph3187

5 years 1 month ago #2660 by tiredlookinhiseyes
Why did you guys do this to meeeeeeeeeee :S Make me wish I was 10 - 16 years old again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so here goes with what I can remember from my days going to the Arcade at lunch time during school days :lol: :lol: :lol:

Used to play these in the Arcade

Ok, thats enough. I'll be back with the computer games and Cartoons :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tricia, ralph3187

5 years 1 month ago #2664 by Tricia
I have reread, again :S, this topic, and i saw all videos... lol, and made me remembered have play in all these games!!!!! omg i was a freak!!!! my father pressent to me my amiga 500 with a STEREO monito, TV simcronicer, and the seller send they the memory extra of 512 mb !!!! that memory was really expensive!!! maybe more than other components ... and i remember plug the amiga to the monitor, tv simcronicer to the monitor, and plug my stereo with its big speakers to the Amiga... and i turned on.. and.....(remember my fris computer, without know nothing about computers...) and.... , and... and.... nothing!!!! lol, only the workbench !!!!.. lol the OS of amiga :( :( :( what the hell show tv about amiga??? these famous games?? these famous graphics?? and 16 bits!!! (what the hell was 16 bits???? lol double power than other !!! but ... i only have 3 disk.... workbench.... lol, till one friend of my secundary scholl tellme... came to this shop.. they sell amiga pirate games!!!! lol 1 week with workbench only !!!! i only used amiga 500 1 week turned off and only used monitor and tv simcronicer to see tv !!!!!, but i discovered that shop!!!! i buyed 3 box of disk 30 disk (very expensive disk here in these years) and they tell me .. you can save games in these disk... and....... i be copying 30 disk for about 2 hours in that shop!!!!! and when i arribed to my home..... THE MAGIC START!!! just put first disk!!!!! lol ... and i remember lot off these yours puted in your replyes because in one amiga disk of 720 kb went toguether about between 3 an 7 games and in these frist 30 disk became about 5 o 6 multigames disk, and some of these game where in that disk!!!!.

sorry ... long story, but is your guilty for open this gread topic!!!!
really good topic guys!!!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredlookinhiseyes, ralph3187

5 years 1 month ago #2670 by badblueboy
Dammit, this topic made me depressed...it also reminds me of time, school, 15-18 years ago when everything seemed so great, cheerfull and easy...
What i love about those games is that they were challenging, you played it for months/years without you got bored...and they didnt even have online multiplayer.
Oh man, when i remember my commodore 64 and SNES (Nintendo)...friends coming over, and playing multiplayer on split screens or on one screen...And CONTRA! It was epic! God please let that times return! Nowdays you ask someone to play mutliplayer with you, he just goes at his own place and you go at your place. Pff...
Tricia...Gran tourismo 2...only game i ever played on playstation, at friends. That intro video when you start the game, it was perfect...and song "my favorite game", i promised i have to drive car while that playing. I had to wait for 9 long years to fulfill that, i went to switzerland on Gotthard pass, put that song, and felt like in the game.
Right now i can see how actually games have influenced me.

Ralph, thanks for this topic...you finally revealed me the name of that cartoon, Sailor Moon. I remember watching that on italian television at first, but later croatian tv bought rights and it was in japanese with croatian subtitles. At that time, i was 10 years old, i got my first sexual fetish, which continues to this day, for girls with loong hair and in schooldresses :D I even now remember that intro song, but i couldnt find it.

Here are few games and shows from my youth. First one, from 1996, mduel (marshmallow duel). It has to be played by 2 players on 1 computer. Which kind of sucks if you dont have any friends...you cant play it.

Mappy from nintendo. Only now I'm aware of how good i played and what levels did i managed to reach. Its the only thing that is good when you're a kind with no knowledge of english, you just play because its fun, and score doesnt mean anything to you.

As of cartoons...Well, i watched almost all classic Cartoon Network, Samurai Jack, Dexters lab, Courage the Cowardly dog etc. They were in english with no subtitles, so i started to learn english by watching those shows.
Apart from that i liked some polish/czech cartoons that were shown, and of course, Pingu!

Pat i Mat - teaching children to find dumb solutions and destroy the house...my favorite Czechoslovak cartoon!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tricia, Hellblazer, ralph3187

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2673 by Tricia
Cartoons and games come to my head everytime i loged and read new replyes!!!! lol i this is like a brainstorm of cartoons and games... i remmeber sathurdays afternoons.. with about 14 or 15 years... sitting at home all afternoons with my father seeing western movies...(and asking him for a small motorbike to go secondary school) with the great Clint Eastwood, or .. Río Bravo John Wayne and Dean Martin with Hoaward hawkss as director if i dont remember bad... (sorry i dont going to google to search if hoawrd hawks was the director because im too tired ;) ) or Grupo salvaje (The Wild Bunch, yes, this i searnched english tittle on google ;) ) ... In that times i saw all these movie because i waited these movies ends to see the folow cartoons i will tell, but seeing all these movies wiht the time made me hoocked to old wester movies ;) ..
and now after this story the cartoons which I referred...
one of biggest carttons storyes!!! with a big song on its oppening... first in spanish them in english ....FRAGUEL ROCK!!!!

Spanish opening say "The center of the universe, it is definitely a wonderful place called FRAGUEL ROCK" this phrase dont appear in english opening ... really sorry guys who never hear it .. because that is a great phrase ;) ... LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredlookinhiseyes, ralph3187

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds