Beat-Making as a hobby

4 years 11 months ago #1040 by Verdammt!!!
Hello again guys.
:)
This time I just wanted to share my own experience making music. Well, first of all I need to make clear that im not David Guetta or Skrillex :blush: , I dont want to deceive you. However, possibly someone else here is interested on this matter and we can talk lots about it. Lets get started then.

The program I use is FL Studio, I still use the version 9, but you could get the 11. I've made several beats of many kinds of genres, but this time I am showing you a few, I hope you dont become deaf after listening to them :woohoo: :whistle:

° Il start with some electronic music, I named this one Comon Dj because I just looped a voice saying that weird stuff :lol: Its kinda crazy but you might like it ;) If you do, then i will show some more electronic.
www.dropbox.com/s/1mqhdo2nuudyyjw/ComonDJ.mp3

° Now, this is another rhytm very popular in my country and countries around, but perhaps you have never listened to it before. Here 2 examples:
www.dropbox.com/s/kxr2e4puqor6tyf/310813.mp3

www.dropbox.com/s/n5c82870tgg5sqt/290313%282%29.mp3

° Finally, this is for you like to stand up and move yo' body :lol: :silly:
www.dropbox.com/s/mn9z031mtvmovat/300713_3.mp3

I know there are any things to correct, dont worry, i will work on them. This is a hard work but I enjoy it. I have no words left to say but thanks for your attention.
Have a good day :cheer:

"I've been a lucky man in life, nothing was easy for me."
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredlookinhiseyes, Sussy, Sunny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #1041 by tiredlookinhiseyes
Hi Verdammt, I just listened to a couple of your beats. keep it up, keep practising, even if it's a hobby, the potential is there.
I'm glad there is someone here who has the same interest as me. I been making beats on and off for a few years, and I only exclusively use Reason, but I can see the benefits of using Fruity Loops due to it's VST compatibility, and the drums sounds are cleaner.
I would like to use Fruity, I aso have the other DAWs, but for me Reason is easy because I spent 4 years teaching myself how to use it and I'm still crap :D

Maybe one day I can share my beats here too, mosty Hip Hop sort of, and a bit of RnB, and Movie themed sort of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Verdammt!!!

4 years 11 months ago #1043 by Verdammt!!!
Tiredlookinhiseyes, it was really cool reading your comment, because i see we speak the same language :lol: and I expect you can share your creations too because i was brave enough to show mine no matter how bad it it :P but i thank the fact you want me to keep it up :)

FL Studio is good for me because, as you, I have taken a few years learning how to use it by myself, But I have Reason 5, sadly i didnt know how to use it so i stayed with FL, in spite of knowing that Reason is very useful too. Then we could share information about it and get better both of us. B)

4 years 11 months ago #1044 by tiredlookinhiseyes
OK Verda, I'm going to share a few of my beats, obviously the mastering process isn't pro, but you know how it goes :lol: :lol: :lol: :silly:

www.dropbox.com/s/g68pjpy4eb83ydm/45.mp3 - I don't name em, mostly they just have numbers :)

www.dropbox.com/s/zbyn8x8xlkf87dg/ElavationV2.mp3

www.dropbox.com/s/ljtfa8wco18fuc1/Chase.mp3 This one is my Suspects Theme, for when I'm playing Swat :cheer: and also
when we had a tournament a couple years ago, it was a theme in a video my mate DRD made :)

Here's one more called Rivers www.dropbox.com/s/rgxgzbdcbyeakwi/Rivers.mp3 :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sunny

4 years 11 months ago #1048 by Verdammt!!!
:ThumbsUp: for you bro. Forreal they are good. I even show them to a friend of mine here who also likes this stuff and the music genres you have inclination to and he found them cool so thanks for sharing, that gives me ideas and I always try to learn good things from others.

Unfortunaly, these last days i've had to stop making beats because of university, got a lot of work, you know. But as soon as i have time i will restart and see what new comes up and share it with all.

If you feel like you can use FL Studio, welcome aboard, im pretty sure it wont be hard for you as long as i realize you have made very good ones.

So keep up with the beat-making, I found mastering good. In fact i will try to find some inspiration in your beats ;) By the way: here is one im still working on: www.dropbox.com/s/aq1ccuwga2z2thh/150713.mp3 its like pop, you could give me an opinion and some suggestions. Thanks and have a good day.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredlookinhiseyes

4 years 11 months ago #1050 by Sunny
Tired u making it really good ;) and jesus that basss eheh..awesome :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiredlookinhiseyes

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #1052 by insideman
pls help me how to record i use audacity,the audio quality is very bad in it :(

4 years 11 months ago #1054 by tiredlookinhiseyes
Thanks for your comment Sunny :)

Verda I can see where your idea's going, your beat has that Latino Raggae vibe to it, and I like those beats. I even tried something similar myself, which I will share with you when I get the sound levels right for that particular song.

Also, the sound levelling of your beats are good, and that's something I need to learn to be patient with. Lately I been trying.

Insideman, I never tried Audacity, I would highly recommend Fruity Loops, it is cheaper than the other DAW's and just as powerful and because you can use VST instruments with it as well as live recording, that puts it above Reason in my view.
I use Reason, because I learned with it and my brain is not young enough to learn something new :silly: I'll be 91 in a few days and my hands are even more shaky than before.

Share what you have Insideman, I'm sure there are other members who make beats too who can give some tips.

4 years 11 months ago #1055 by MascalzoneLatino
Hi guys i already read this topic, and i'm really interested too to create some beat, 'coz i love music and compose it!!! But i need any program! @Verdammt : is the Fl studio a good program?

:)

4 years 11 months ago #1056 by tiredlookinhiseyes
Mascal I highly recommend you to use Fruity Loops. The best 2 to start of learning are Fruity Loops and reason. I have all the others, which are good, but those 2, noobs like us can learn quite quickly.

Also, don't try to make beats on a crap PC or Laptop, 8gb of ram should be your minimum, especially if you add a lot of effects and instruments.

I use Ozone isotope and Waves for my Mastering Process, simple but effective in Sound Forge.

But with Fruity Loops, you can use Isotope and Waves as VST Plug Ins which sound much much better.

Stay tuned and don't touch that dial ;) :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds